Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday! It's ONLY 9 p.m. 10 p.m. so technically it's still Thursday!

UPDATE ON ONE LITTLE THING===sometimes (OK so almost every time----but who's counting)-- I accidentally hit PUBLISH POST before I'm actually ready ---That darn bright orange publish post thingy is just sitting there begging me to click it...and then I get something like 6 comments before I ever finish the post, and then I feel really bad that those people didn't get to read my whole masterpiece..☺...so if you are one of those that commented before I was finished and then came back for one reason or the other and noticed it was different...well read it again....because it is ALWAYS better when I completely finish my post! HA!




We're moving to the Waffle House...Fast Good Food and it looks pretty cozy!

I am one busy woman these days.....It's hard not having that break my husband usually affords me during the day. I am also schlepping all four boys all over the place by myself, which is difficult on it's own without it being 20 degrees outside. Church last night, basketball camp tonight, a hockey game tomorrow night, and two basketball games on Saturday...... not to mention the 5 trips I take back and forth to school every day...hey but I'm not complaining because it's Thankful Thursday!


OK, so first off maybe I should explain why we are moving into the Waffle House....
Alex is a "Sign Reader" (street signs, billboards, businesses, etc.) OH and by the way the sign reading thing is genetic..I have been listening to my hubby read signs for 15 years now...ANYWAY....we were riding along on our way to basketball camp tonight and Alex was happily reading signs in the back seat..I hear him sound out WA FULL HOW S.....he looks at me...Waffle House mom,,,, Waffle House...I could see the shock and excitement come across his face....then in complete seriousness he asks, MOM Can We Live There???? He's thinking ---there are waffles there....it's a HOUSE...what could be better???...yes the kid likes waffles A LOT!
Right now I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea...good food, fast service, televisions, and entertainment...if you've been to the waffle house you know what I mean, open 24 hours, nice pleather seats, coffee that just keeps coming, and waffles of course!...Holy Cow!...throw in a nurse and we are SO there!!!!
Thus....I am thankful for amazing boys who keep me laughing MOST of the time!

I am thankful for my husband's successful surgery and for the ever decreasing pain in his ankle...and THUS the ever decreasing pain in my ass! ha ha couldn't help myself...I love you baby and would set the alarm for every four hours to give you pain meds for the rest of my life if I had to!

I am thankful for a wonderful Thanksgiving and weekend. We were surrounded by amazing friends and family and got to spend quality time with my brother's girlfriend who flew in from Rhode Island.

I am thankful that I will get to see my cousin Craig tomorrow night at the OU/URI (Rhode Island) hockey game (he is an assistant. coach for URI)---how cool is it that URI is playing out here in Oklahoma!

I am thankful for an abundance of wonderful friends and family who offered their support, prayers, and words to us this week following my husbands surgery.

I am thankful that OU will be playing in the Big 12 Championship game this Saturday, even if I have to listen to Texas fans whine continuously.

I am thankful that Nathan has stayed in his OWN bed ALL NIGHT LONG for the last 4 nights (even if it did take bribing him with presents!)

I am thankful that I haven't seen one snowflake so far this year! Although I would love me some snow on Christmas!

I am thankful for my DVR....I am sooo far behind on my shows...I guess I'll have something to watch if the writers go on strike again!

I am thankful for the teacher's in my boys Sunday School and Wednesday night classes. They are amazing!

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the fact that He is the same God today as he was yesterday and will be tomorrow.

Have an amazing Thursday...ok well the 2 hours that are left of it!

Liz

20 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you have so much to be thankful for! Have a blessed Friday :)

Jennifer

Jen said...

I'm glad you had such a thankful day. Take just a minute for yourself though and get your self a nice cup of hot chocolate at a coffee house. It sounds like you could use a little break!
Glad your husband is doing well.

Anonymous said...

We are continuing to lift up your family in prayer - five times back and forth to school? Boy does that bring back memories of my last year! Do you have family in Rhode Island? My heroic hubby and I got married in Newport. Our 10 year anniversay is next year and we are planning a trip there in the summer. I could so live there!

Anonymous said...

Wow. It is a small world! I remember looking at the Landing for our wedding weekend. We got married at Hammersmith Farm and stayed at Castle Hill. We had the rehersal dinner at Christie's - I wonder how much has changed in 8 years - it has been that long! We loved this little bakery/breakfast place close to town but I can't remember the name - we would always bring back muffins...I miss the park with all the kites. How neat! I better let you get to bed!

tiarastantrums said...

WOW - I hate this weather too with all the kids in tow - the hats the mittens - the coats zipped up - buckling with big coats on - frozen toes!!!!

Mrs. Valente said...

You are one tough lady! I hate lugging my kiddos around by myself. I'm gonna put a note on my fridge so I rememeber to pray for you more while PC is healing!

carrhop said...

OU OU OU!!!

Can't wait for the Missouri game!!!

So glad your hubby is doing well--

And I am so with your son on moving to the waffle house--because they also have endless coffee there...

Blessings!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Great post Liz! I love the waffle house story! So cute!

Glad your hubby is feeling better. My hubby busted his ankle awhile ago. Yep, they are a pain in the a.., I agree! He he

Stephanie said...

Love me some Waffle House...if only you didn't get cancer every time you walked in the door from all the smoke! :)

So happy your hubby is doing better day by day and believe me hon...I can sooooo relate to dragging 4 kids around with no hubby!!!!! pain in the KATOOSH!!!! Amazing how they're really not that much help on a daily basis but you really notice it when they're not there!

Rebecca said...

So cute about the Waffle House. My boys were all big sign readers too; that's one benefit of not having a tv in the car.

Have a great weekend!

Mel said...

that cracks me up about alex and waffle shouse... makes sens to me
sorry about missplellings and no caps... lola in lap.
all the bes t to hybubby that is hubby.;)

Shala said...

I'm glad that your hubby is getting better and I love the story of the waffle house, too cute!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great list. That story about the waffle house is so cute. I love it when my kids make me laugh and smile. Such good medicine:)

Hanging Off The Wire said...

Lots of things to be thankful for. That is wonderful. Oh. Let me know how the Waffle House works out for you. :)

Shauna said...

Hey, I just signed up to follow your blog! Hope your day is as beautiful as you are! ♥ Hugs!

Maggie said...

Ahahaha! I do that with the post thing too... I'll have one or two posts that I'm saving for the end of the week and accidently hit publish and BAM 4-5 post IN ONE DAY!! LOL I don't really mean to do that, but ah well. =)

I love the waffle house thing - so cute!! That's funny that Dad is a sign reader, too - isn't it funny what is passed down through our genes?!

Stacy said...

Glad to hear hubby is doing better! I am so happy that none of my kids still wanna sleep with me.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Waffle House isn't so funny what kids think. Ok, yes I live in Texas but I can't stand Texas teams (Texas fans don't hate me) So I was so excited that OU is going to the Big 12 championship and I hope they win and play Alabama. Ok, now here is where you won't like me I want Alabama to win don't hate don't hate. I am an SEC girl......
Have a great weekend!!

heidi said...

Lots to be thankful for. :-) Movin to the waffle house doesn't sound like a bad idea, to me!

Haley Nicodemus said...

I will have to look into that scrapbooking thing!

I'm a sign reader too! Sometimes my husband just looks at me like I'm crazy, so mostly I just do it in my head.

Glad to hear husband is doing fab! And I think you should defintely consider moving into the waffle house. I hear they have great wireless internet too. Think of how much money you would save!