Friday, December 19, 2008

A little hiatus

Well I've taken a little hiatus from blogging...it's actually been a week.....Did you think I disappeared?

I have been moving the boys bedrooms around....I moved Nathan out of Brian's room and he is now bunking with Nick....Brian kept waking up Nathan about 4 a.m. and although we don't get up with Brian (he's just making noise...not really awake) we kept seeing Nathan in our bed every night! It is a lot of work moving clothes and beds etc....It reminds me why I never want to move again!

Well, and OF COURSE...I've been Christmas shopping! I can't believe Christmas will be here in less that a week...AHHHHHH! I'm about 3/4 of the way done with all my Christmas shopping....I've left all of the "hard" people to buy for, for last.....☺

I have also been painting all of the boys rooms......You would think I was nesting or something...

Alex's room is a golden yellow color....and his furniture is dark purple....doesn't sound like a boys room does it!
His room---if I ever finish painting it---(I'm on the third coat right now..ugh...) is going to be a Minnesota Vikings room.....I am using the Home Depot sports paint colors for his walls and furniture. He has a GIANT 6 foot FatHead of Adrian Peterson (running back for the Vikings and former OU football star).....AND Alex's sports hero...which will go on the wall when I'm finished with the painting...His comforter is charcoal gray and has a Viking patch in the middle and his curtains will match.....When I'm finished I will post pictures...

Nick and Nathan's room is going to be an OU football room....The bottom half of the wall will be a green football field, then a red stripe, and then cream at the top. They have a OU helmet Fat Head that will go on the cream part of the wall.

Brian's room is going to be sage green and dusty blue with a turtle and frog theme.....His will be the last one I finish....

Pictures will follow...probably in a couple of weeks!

In case I don't get back to blog before Christmas...I hope you all have a blessed one and that you are surrounded by everyone that you love!

Liz

14 comments:

Liz said...

I was starting to wonder where you were? But considering the time of year, I really figured you must be busy! Good luck finishing all of the painting, and bedroom swapping, I know it can be time consuming. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. :)

4under3 said...

Yea, I love room pictures. Can't wait to see them.

And Merry Christmas to you too!

Tiff

Stephanie said...

Don't worry..I haven't been around lately either. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you have been busy. Can't wait to see room pics.

Julie said...

Can't wait to see the pics! Sounds cool! Merry Christmas!

Hanging Off The Wire said...

I like being busy. Makes the time go by faster! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

You so did what I have been wanting to do for a while now...just don't have enough time or drive. You have inspired me. Please post pictures I would love to see them. Have a great Christmas!

Elyse said...

Moving rooms around before Christmas and shopping...what a busy lady. Hang in there and enjoy your sweet boys over Christmas!!!
~Elyse~

Mel said...

Busy Momma! The rooms sound great, can't wait for pics and Merry, Merry Christmas to you and yours! Love, Mel

Heather said...

Yes, can't wait, can't wait for room pictures!! I LOVE redecorating, rearranging, and painting! Actually, I love the first initial swipe of the new color, and then I get bored finishing the job. : )

Just a week to go until the big day! Have a good one!!

Jennifer said...

I was wondering where you were :) It is such a busy time of the year...I will be blogging a little less myself. We are getting ready to move our boys around too. I know it is going to be so much work!
I hope you have a very blessed Christmas with your beautiful family!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
I missed you! Please post photos of the rooms when you are done, I would love to see them! My oldest is begging me for a Jeff Gordon fat head, do you recommend them? Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

heidi said...

I think everyone is swamped lately. I'm just now making weely rounds, myself. I want to see pictures! I love room redos!

Jen said...

I was wondering where you went. I'm glad everything is going well for you. I love the picture of the boys up top! Very cute!!!